Shiny stuff from a good brush.
Character Attribute Randomizer : medium / thin | tunic | young, male | headdress
Good ol’ Cup O’ Doodle. Some of my favorite artists also post here, so it always gives me a little thrill to be able to play too. :3
And from that day forward, no one dared steal another pie from Mrs. Kita’s windowsill.
Character Attribute Randomizer : short / heavy | kimono | female, old | rapier
We could live in a lighthouse…
Inspired by Deer Isle, Maine.
Been real busy, guys.
One-Hour Speed Paint
This week’s art challenge was to draw something based on a song. While I’m not remotely religious, I really love this version of “I’ll Fly Away” (Goodbye, Babylon) for its kooky strings and petticoat choir, so I drew a little something based on that song.
I’d like to finesse the background a bit, but I also wanted to keep this one under an hour. …I think it clocked at about 1:20, but I’ll take it.
Painted, as always, with Kyle’s.
I’m not taking on new freelance clients for awhile, so consider this my return to Tumblr. I know how relieved you all must be, I mean, look at this quality work.
Happy holidays and whatnot. I’ll see y’all after the New Year.
Sorry for the post famine lately. All work and no play— y’know.
Tested out Kyle’s Ultimate Pastel Palooza last night, and I like it very much.
Let’s call this Pastelly Kubrick Part 2.
George’s Beer is my favorite client.
Not just because they’re my friends, but also because they pay me in beer. …Wait. Scratch that, reverse it.
Next Saturday, September 28, we will all be at New Orleans On Tap, which benefits our local SPCA. You should really check out this article, especially because George’s Beer gets a great shout out. (Real Treat above is the label for their keg o’ DOG BEER. How great are these guys?)
This year, even four-legged festival-goers can get a taste of the fun with a dog-friendly beer by George’s Brewing Co. The local homebrewery is named after the owners’ rescue dog.
If you have a pup, or if you just like beer, please stop by and say hello. This year, some friends and I will be pitching in to help at George’s table.
PS, They let me name another beer, “Violet Brewregard.” THANK YOU FOR BEER HUGS, DUG & JULIA.
A Mix for You! : On the Road
A playlist for a couple of friends who are hitting the long and winding road soon. Lots of covers, some “wait, that’s not a cover?” originals, and some straight-up road classix.
1. Roy Orbison - Shahdaroba
2. The Clefs of Lavender Hill - Bang Bang
3. Bob Dylan - Gotta Travel On
4. Donovan - Hey Gyp
5. Wilber Harrison - Let’s Work Together
6. Overlanders - Go Where You Wanna Go
7. Beatles - Oh! Darling
8. XTC - Church of Women
9. Connie Francis - Fallin’
10. Lonnie Donegan - Ham n Eggs
11. Loretta Lynn - High On a Mountain Top
12. [interlude, wind chimes]
13. The Mamas & the Papas - California Dreamin’
14. Julie Rogers - Long After Tonight Is All Over
15. Cocteau Twins - Those Eyes, That Mouth
16. The Roches - Damned Old Dog
17. Joan Armatrading - Down to Zero
18. Van Morrison - Here Comes the Night (live)
19. Jackson Browne - The Load Out & Stay (live)
20. Jim & Bob & the Genial Hawaiians - Chimes
21. The Skylarks & Miriam Makeba - Dube
22. Kinks - Autumn Almanac
23. Joe Meek & the Blue Boys - The Bublight
24. Bo Diddley - Watusi Bounce
25. The Rolling Stones - High and Dry
26. The Greenbriar Boys - Different Drum
27. Petula Clark - Tell Me
28. Tom Northcott - I Think It’s Going to Rain Today
29. Family Fodder - Film Music
Photo credit to Tyler Aldrich. I’m super sorry and I hope you don’t mind.
Loading next page
Hang on tight while we grab the next page