People of NORTA
iPad drawings of the many people who ride the streetcar with me on my daily commute.
I thought I’d try something new this week to keep my blood pressure from ticking up because— quelle suprise!— almost everything about the New Orleans transit system is terrible.
A quick drawing to firmly establish us on Team Weekend.
A closer walk.
Girl Lunar Explorer
I’m trying to be more Tumblr active, so this blorg is rolling out some new features today:
- Now you can harrass me, even without Tumblr! Disqus comments are enabled.
- Plaster your feed with my stuff! Social sharing icons make the world go ‘round.
- Ask me stuff! And there’s now an About Me page so you can find out some things you literally never thought about before. (Read it, that we should someday become besties.)
- Stalk my friends! Find some art by people I like, and read some stuff by some people I know (and also like). This list will keep growing, if you’re into that kind of thing.
That’s pretty much it. I hope you guys take advantage of all the new ways to say hello. This blog now has over 4.000 followers, but I’m pretty positive that most of you are ghosts or spam-eating robots.
I will try to be better about making this Tumblargh a little more personal. I’ve been on this network for 5 years now, and you can pretty much count on me to never reblog shit, and that’s got to count for something.
Love you, pretties.
This week’s Illustration Friday was all about power.
…Look, ok. Sometimes the cup runneth over, and sometimes the well runs dry, and you draw your office lamp. Whatever, y’all.
Five summers ago, I started posting drawings on this Tumblr.
We’ve come a long way, baby.
This New House
Unlike the old house, this one is polished to a high shine. There’s a lot in here that I haven’t done before— glass and chrome, namely— so, I’m preeeetty delighted with the results.
Mad props to Kyle Webster's “oil color jitter” (for the chrome) and THAT LINE FX BRUSH for making my life so much better. I can't even tell you guys how amazing these brushes are. I got rull surrious about them and reorganized and renamed them for maximum workflow. Just give him all your money already.
Reference photo is from Apartment Therapy.
This Old House
I was reading Pixar’s Up book this morning, and in it, they talk a fair amount about how they designed Carl’s house with the art of Mary Blair in mind. Minimal detail, saturated colors, interesting shapes. They tried to keep the essence of the house, without losing it or bogging it down with a lot of clutter.
I’ve got a ways to go, but this was a nice start, and a fun exercise for the day.
…I should definitely get out of my night pants now. It is 2 o’clock, and even my cats think I’m being a lazy asshole.
Fall, vol. 12 [My Heart’s Carnevale]
It’s the dead heat of summer, so Em and I are already looking forward to fall. (August is technically almost fall, right? And it is almost August, so.)
This mix is for the one who makes your heart travel many lands / do aerial flips.
01. The Toys - A Lover’s Concerto
02. Lonnie Young, Ed Young, & Lonnie Young, Jr. - Hen Duck
03. Fiona Apple - Hot Knife
04. Bobbie Gentry - The Ballad of Billie Joe
05. Lonnie Donegan - Lorelei
06. Daughters of Eve - Help the Boy
07. Kossoy Sisters - Bowling Green
08. Alabama Sacred Harp Singers - Present Joys 318
09. Dean Carter - Shadow of Evil
10. Sam Cooke - Willow Weep for Me
11. Petula Clark - In Love
12. The Jive Five - What TIme Is It?
13. Elvis Presley - Can’t Help Falling In Love
14. Roy Orbison - Running Scared
15. The Petards - Love Is Blue
16. [wind chimes]
17. Leo Delibes - En Avril (for Three-Part Children’s Choir)
18. Ananda Shankar & His Orchestra - The Lost Galaxy
19. Moody Blues - Sun Is Still Shining
20. James - I Wanna Go Home
21. Shawn Lee’s Ping Pong Orchestra - Kiss the Sky
22. Nina Simone - 22nd Century
23. Burt Bacharach - Anyone Who Had a Heart
24. The Beach Boys - I’m Waiting for the Day
25. Cleveland Simmons Group - Sloop John B.
26. Prince Buster - Nothing Takes the Place of You
Click cover photo to get it.
Previously: Fall vol. 11 [Snow]
See the other covers.
An endless cycle that begins and ends where it began.
#DailyColorBlock, but really more like… seasonal color block. Also, I guess I don’t really dress seasonally. And I wear those shorts, like, a lot. I change the tights, though. Promise.
I AM AN ADULT.
cc: Tiffany Ford
A couple friends of mine are serious home brewers, on the road to making their brewing hobby (which they already take really seriously) into a viable line of amazing beer.
I can’t even tell you guys how good they are. They’ve been brewing for a long time, and— without bias— these are some of my favorite beers I’ve ever had.
I’m doing their graphic design, so here are some of the things they’ll have ready for sampling / tapping at the upcoming WYES New Orleans beer tasting.
George’s is named for their dog, who is pictured on the labels. I was really happy to do this project, and I even got the honor of naming one of them, the molasses ale, Slow Ride. (FOGHAT, BABY.)
Find them on Facebook!
Speed drawing video!
Andre Williams makes everything fun.
ETA: Video should be playable now. Thanks a bunch, YouTube.
Loading next page
Hang on tight while we grab the next page